Hello there folks… were back on the go again in the audio world and now… introducing the latest from Steinberg which is the Nuendo Live : Streamlined DAW for LIVE RECORDING… wow…
Nuendo Live from Steinberg...
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH today announced Nuendo Live, a dedicated live recording software solution for recording engineers, production houses and rental and staging companies. Based on the award-winning Nuendo audio workstation, Nuendo Live’s sole purpose is to deliver the very best in multitrack recording to live professionals the world over. (from SOS)
Basically, the objective of Steinberg was to deliver a new product to give us users… ease of use, advanced capabilities and foremost is premium sound quality. Well, as an avid fan of Cubase and Nuendo I find them both really easy to use specially when you are doing your edits… i find cubase easier and quicker to use and very similar to Nuendo. MIDI implementation and sequencing on these platforms I would personally say is still the best out there. I don’t know if some of you would argue but as a Steinberg Certified user for Cubase I find it over all easy to use and with these developments the NUENDO LIVE which they will be releasing coming 2nd quarter of 2012 this will be another exciting software designed for the live recording musician and engineer.
I would like you all to check this out as based on my experience with the older Cubase and the newer versions… the sound has improved a lot. And Nuendo Live is even more better according to the numbers. 192khz if possible of course dependant on your interface card or converter. And Steinberg is known for their 32 bit floating point engine. They say, “Premium sound quality is guaranteed by the widely acclaimed Steinberg Audio Engine, bringing out the finest nuances of any live performance owing to its 32-bit floating-point resolution.” according to Steinberg. So, specs below … Comparing it to pro tools well I prefer Cubase or Nuendo when editing and MIDI… would you still use pro tools ? hahaha
Features at a glance (from SOS)
• Dedicated live recording software featuring a straightforward single-window operation, a live record panel, pre-record buffer and more
• High-quality recordings through Steinberg’s award-winning audio engine with up to 192 kHz lets your production stand apart from the competition
• Nuendo Live Record Panel shows all essential session information at once — creating confidence in demanding live situations
• Advanced Session Management with auto-naming of recorded files, multiple folder creation, easy-to-use marker track, auto-save and notepad
• Zero setup time thanks to automatic track creation functions that make Nuendo Live record-ready in less than a minute
• 24+ hours recording time ready thanks to EBU-compliant RIFF 64 broadcast wave format in standard recording mode
• Virtual Sound Check allows for easy use of previous recordings for soundcheck, including marker recall and 1:1 output
• Deliver with confidence through standardized rendering formats and compatibility with Nuendo for post-production
• Nuendo Live includes essential editing functions, making it possible to create a rough edit of the recordings after the show
• Seamless integration with Yamaha CL consoles for controlling essential Nuendo Live functions from the live console